Buffer PMC RFC

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 02:13:55 UTC 2010

Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Vasily Chekalkin wrote:

> Given that Rakudo * is less than 2 weeks away (at least I gather that's
> still the goal), may I assume you mean "implement it in a branch to be
> merged after the 2.5 release"?  Parrot trunk is already in enough trouble
> with the fallout from the dynops changes; more churn is probably not what
> Rakudo needs most right now.

I agree.  'make test' just got back into passable state today.  'make
coretest' continues to be in bad shape (
http://smolder.plusthree.com/app/public_projects/report_details/34202 ).
  I don't think we should make any changes in core until we figure out
what's happening or what we want to do re testing that ought to follow
'make corevm'.

kid51