Bug on ubuntu

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jun 7 22:42:21 UTC 2010

chris wrote:
> Trying to install Parrot and Rakudo on Ubuntu, I get two sets of error
> massages saying :
>
> attention : "__cold__" attribute directive ignored
>
> and
>
> attention : "__hot__" attribute directive ignored
>
> concerning several *.h files
>
> It seems anyway that parrot does work, but I would like to understand
> why I have these messages on ubuntu and I dont on darwin.
>
> And, how it should possible to correct it.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Do you know whether they are coming during configuration (perl
Configure.pl) or build (make)?

I ask because I see that during configuration step auto::attributes we
construct a probe from ./config/auto/attributes/test_c.in which tests
for (perhaps phony?) attributes __hot__ and __cold__.

Thank you very much.
kid51