Undocumented C functions

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sat Jun 26 23:45:52 UTC 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 5:12 PM, jerry gay wrote:

> please do more than a cursory look at the text of the patch.

As I stated at the outset, I am not a heavy-duty C programmer, so we
need people more experienced in C and the Parrot guts to look at the
content of the patch.  Where possible, I cloned the documentation
from similar files (particularly those under config/gen/platform/*).
But there were other cases where I freely admit that I didn't
understand the function being documented and so confined myself to
something minimal, such as identifying the function's return value.

Of course, our *real* C programmers could have documented these
functions *years ago* ;-)

And, when this branch is merged into trunk, any *future* cases where
C functions are added without documentation will be very quickly
identified as deficiencies.

Thank you very much.
kid51