Lessons learned from browsing the mod_parrot source and questions about Parrot_call_sub

NotFound julian.notfound at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:08:34 UTC 2010

> I am looking at src/parrot_util.c to see how mod_parrot does the magic
> that it does, and I was surprised to see
>
> #include "parrot/parrot.h"
>
> >From what I have been told, this is only for use inside Parrot core,
> so it seems that mod_parrot is breaking any semblance of
> encapsulation. This is probably because the functions it needed were
> not exported.

Some time ago, even if the doc said that you shall not include
parrot.h when extending or embedding, event the test and examples do
it.

Currently, I don't know. We need feedback from real usages to know if
there is some functionality required and not reachable with the extend
and embed headers.

--
Salu2