upcoming 2.2 release

Christoph Otto christoph at mksig.org
Fri Mar 12 07:04:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In an event that nobody could have predicted, Parrot's 39th monthly release
will be released this Tuesday.  In the interest of making this a non-explodey
release, please refrain from merging any major branches after Saturday (your
local time).  Between now and Tuesday[0], focus on closing tickets important
to HLLs, especially Rakudo.  You can find a report of such tickets at [1].  As
Tuesday gets closer, don't destabilize the build.  I'll send out a request to
suspend commits when I cut the release and will send out the all clear when
it's time to go back to breaking stuff.

Thanks,
Christoph

[0] I never said which Tuesday.  In this case, I mean April 20, after the 2.3
release. ;)

[1] http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/report/16