pcc_hackatron branch.

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jnthn.net
Sun Mar 21 12:04:35 UTC 2010

Moritz Lenz wrote:
> Vasily Chekalkin wrote:
>
>> I whould like to merge pcc_hackatron branch into trunk. I've implemented
>> last bit - op set_result_info at r45082.
>>
>> Actually, I'll merge it right now with git, so we can always unmerge it
>> in case of very bad "black smoke".
>>

> Rakudo builds with the attached patch, but autothreading over junctions
> fails:
>
> $ ./perl6 -e 'sub a($x) { }; a(1|2)'
> ./perl6: symbol lookup error: dynext/perl6_ops.so: undefined symbol:
> Parrot_pcc_fill_returns_from_c_args

The perl6.ops part of the patch is removing stuff that I'd expect needs
to instead be re-written (the bits for the other files may well be
correct though).

Please can somebody from the Parrot team who understands the changes to
handling returns (at least, I guess that's what changed) write a patch
to get Rakudo updated to use the new way?

Thanks,

Jonathan