ext/nqp-rx/src/stage0/nqp-setting.pm fails multiple coding standard tests

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun May 16 16:03:12 UTC 2010

Will Coleda wrote:

> The answer to both of these questions is that ext/ should never be
> considered when running codingstandards tests.

I have added ext/ to the list of directories exempted from inclusion in
the list returned by Parrot::Distribution::get_perl_language_files().

This method is used to determine the files examined by these test files:

t/perl/Parrot_Distribution.t
t/codingstd/trailing_space.t
t/codingstd/copyright.t
t/codingstd/cuddled_else.t
t/codingstd/svn_id.t
t/codingstd/perlcritic.t

This fix (r46705) does not guarantee exemption all files under ext/ from
all codingstd tests.  I simply extended to 'perl' files an exemption
already present for 'pir' files.  I don't know Parrot::Distribution --
or, more precisely, the places where Parrot::Distribution methods are
used -- well enough yet to implement that more general exemption in a
safe manner.

Thank you very much.
kid51