#parrotsketch meetings

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:18:50 UTC 2010

I'm reading through the logs from yesterday, and I notice that there
were very few people at #parrotsketch. Looks like there are only 4
people really participating in the meeting. A handful of other people
posted reports before the meeting or at the very beginning of it, but
they didn't participate through the meeting itself. The last two
meetings were exceptional (last week was the big to-do about the teams
proposal. The week before Rakudo was being hit by severe performance
problems in 2.9). Before that, it's looking to me like most meetings
were only drawing a half dozen participants or less. I don't know what
our target participation goals are, but 6 developers or fewer really
does not seem high enough to be the attendance of a "typical" design
meeting.

I haven't been able to attend #ps meetings myself since daylight
savings time changed. I have a lengthy commute, and now the meeting
falls directly in the middle of it. I haven't made a big deal about it
because no matter what time we schedule for, there will be some people
who can always attend and some people who can never attend. This is
just my time to "never attend", and I wouldn't suggest moving meeting
times only on my account. If the current timing works well for
everybody but myself I'm happy to sit it out and read logs after the
fact. However, if the timing is also not working well for other
people, maybe we need to move it.

Can we get maybe a show of hands for people who regularly cannot
attend #ps due to timing conflicts? Can we get a list of people who
can only really attend at the current time? Any other ideas for
factors that might be affecting turn-out?