The Parrot Git migration is complete!

Christoph Otto christoph at mksig.org
Tue Nov 9 07:45:32 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Our migration to Git as Parrot's primary VCS is complete!  You can now safely
push to parrot/parrot on github, enjoying the benefits of a modern distributed
version control system and the helpful features GitHub offers.
I apologize for the bumps in the process and the lack of warning as the move
neared.  parrot-dev and parrot-users failing over the weekend was the latest
in a series of technical issues that had held up the migration for more than a
week, so dukeleto and I decided that we'd push the migration through and
notify people as best we could through other channels.  It worked with only a
few snags which we've been cleaning up as they're discovered.

Now that the migration is done, there are a few tasks that still need work.
These are listed in more detail on the wiki[0], but here are a couple that
would be useful:
  * perform a dry run docs/release_manager_guide.pod
  * remove or update any docs about dealing with svn

Thanks to everyone who made this migration possible.

Christoph

[0] http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/GitMigration