The Parrot Git migration is complete!

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:06:41 UTC 2010

Howdy,

> Who is "you"?  What is the workflow here?  Is everyone with commit permissions on Subversion going to get commit permissions on parrot/parrot?  Or is there going to be a central group of people who have rights to make commits who will process our pull requests?

"You" probably was meant to be "parrot developers".

Workflow is : https://github.com/parrot/parrot/blob/master/docs/project/git_workflow.pod

If you had commit permissions to Subversion, then you should have
commit access to github. If you don't, ask a metacommitter to add you.

Current metacommitters are: NotFound, allison, chromatic, coke,
dukeleto, jkeenan, particle, whiteknight

If you are a core Parrot developer, you should not fork parrot on
github. You should make branches in the main repo. Small commits to
master are fine. "Small" is up to interpretation. If you think you
might break something, make a branch.

I am still writing up the docs for submitting patches to Parrot. If
you have questions about submitting patches, please ask on parrot-dev
or #parrot.

Jonathan "Duke" Leto
jonathan at leto.net
http://leto.net