[Parrot-users] Starting to Use Parrot

adekoya adekunle adekunleadekoya at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:07:19 UTC 2010

Ok...I would use PIR.

But another question...if I target parrot by generating a PIR from my
code generator...that means for users of my compiler to be able to run
the PIR code that would be invisibly generated by my code generator it
means a Parrot VM must run on the user machine  ?   (1)

If yes to above...then how do I package the parrot VM along with my
compiler so that a end-user of my compiler that installs my compiler
on his machine would automatically have parrot install as well ?  (2)

And when my compiler needs to invoke the parrot machine to execute the
PIR code generated by my compiler...would i simply call parrot.exe
like i do from the command line  ?   (3)

Does parrot support creating  GUI widgets  ?   (4)

I would kindly look foreward to your responses to the questions above.

thanks

kunle