Request for Testers: gsoc_nci branch

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Tue Nov 16 03:14:09 UTC 2010

Peter Lobsinger wrote:

> I intend to merge this soon after the 2.10 release is cut.

Peter, please see the attached patch, which I have pushed to the
gsoc_nci branch.

As the branch stood, config/auto/libffi.pm failed to gracefully handle
the case where libffi was installed but pkg-config was not.  I
discovered this the hard way:  After submitting one smoke report from
linux/i386 without having libffi installed, I installed the libffi
debian packages needed.  But I didn't know that pkg-config was also
needed, so 'make' failed horribly.  Once I installed pkg-config,
everything DWIMmed.  I refactored some code to make the internal method
testing for pkg-config itself be testable in t/steps/auto/libffi-01.t.

Also, there was an error in the number of tests in the plan for
config/init/defaults.pm.

Thank you very much.
kid51