Request for Testers: gsoc_nci branch

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Wed Nov 17 11:24:08 UTC 2010

2010/11/16 Ronald Blaschke <ron at rblasch.org>

> On 2010-11-10 06:28, Peter Lobsinger wrote:
> > The gsoc_nci branch is at a point where it should be mergeable. Please
> > test it on any platforms you happen to care about. 'make test' should
> > exercise the full functionality, but other variants couldn't hurt
> > either.
> >
> > Test configurations of interest are (in more or less descending order
> > of importance):
> >  * libffi *not* installed
> >  * libffi installed
> >    o configured with/without --optimize
> >    o configured --without-core-nci-thunks and/or
> > --without-extra-nci-thunks (framebuilder stress-test)
> >    o configured --without-libffi

Some results from my box (Xubuntu 10.10) with various compilers :
- gcc 4.4.4 (with --optimize) : libffi detected, all tests PASS
- clang 2.8 (without --optimize) : libffi not detectted, all tests PASS
- llvm-gcc 4.5.1 (without --optimize) : libffi detected, some tests fail,
see http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/1140

François