Are the very old tags are needed?

Gerd Pokorra gp at zimt.uni-siegen.de
Sun Nov 21 11:24:22 UTC 2010

I looked to the tag "V1" on svn

https://svn.parrot.org/parrot/tags/V1/languages/perl6/

It seems to be a tag from the time where languages was in the parrot
source tree. It includes file for perl6.

I think Rakudo will look forward and do not need this files at github.
(Patrick: Please correct me if I am wrong.)

For other languages it seems not to be a good starting point. Current
starting points in Parrot should be better.

So I see no reason why the tag "V1" could not be deleted.

But for safety I created a tar file:
 ftp://ftp.parrot.org/pub/parrot/languages/V1.tar.gz
It is a tar file from a checkout of "V1" from github. It holds
the complete old parrot source with the perl6 languages files.

-- Gerd