Are the very old tags are needed?

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:07:10 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I don't understand why we are trying to get rid of old tags. They are
useful bits of information, and they take up negligible amounts of
space.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Gerd Pokorra <gp at zimt.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> I looked to the tag "V1" on svn
>
> https://svn.parrot.org/parrot/tags/V1/languages/perl6/
>
> It seems to be a tag from the time where languages was in the parrot
> source tree. It includes file for perl6.

V1 is the first commit in Subversion.

> I think Rakudo will look forward and do not need this files at github.
> (Patrick: Please correct me if I am wrong.)
>
> For other languages it seems not to be a good starting point. Current
> starting points in Parrot should be better.
>
> So I see no reason why the tag "V1" could not be deleted.

But I see no reason why it should.

What is the *actual* reason for getting rid of tags? They mark useful
points in the history of our codebase.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto