embeded parrot with start / stop

Peter Lobsinger plobsing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 21:06:39 UTC 2010

You may be able to do this in parrot with a few contortions. But
parrot may not be the best fit because:
 * parrot in its current form is hardly "small". tweaks are available
to pair it down significantly, but they aren't the default, so it
would be some work to find and use these optimally.
 * parrot has no considerations for external halting and restarting
like you've described (maybe we should, but we don't ATM). you would
have to write an alternative runloop (not that hard, honest), or you
might be able to tie-in with the gsoc instrumentation framework (not
all there quite yet, but close)