Parrot Benchmarking

Jon Gentle parrot at atrodo.org
Thu Nov 25 16:50:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On Tuesday, 23 November 2010 at 14:43, Jon Gentle wrote:
>

> Perhaps it would be helpful to reuse existing code. The PyPy developers
> have http://speed.pypy.org/, which is an instance of
> https://github.com/tobami/codespeed

speed.pypy.org did come up, but I chose not to use codespeed because of a
couple reasons, but the main reason was because I didn't like the
presentation.  To me, it's not real clear what to look at and how much
faster PyPy is over time.  Compare this with http://arewefasteyet.com/ which
shows quite clearly the increase in speed of JaegerMonkey over time.  And I
think showing parrot's improvement (or lack thereof) in speed, especially in
relation to HLLs like Rakudo, is important and that is why I created
isparrotfastyet.

-Jon Gentle