Core Inclusion document

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Tue Nov 30 13:22:23 UTC 2010

Christoph Otto wrote:
> I started to write a core inclusion policy, i.e. how we decide whether
> an external project should be brought into Parrot as a core component,
> but decided that our stance on adding new components to Parrot would be
> better expressed as a series of questions.

Christoph,

Thanks for writing this document up.  I made some grammatical touch-ups
but felt that there are a few other points that might be considered.

* Explicit consideration of the impact of inclusion in core on Parrot's
memory and speed statuses.

* Explicit consideration of the drawbacks to inclusion of particular
code in core.

kid51