Patches vs. 'git pull'

Nick Wellnhofer wellnhofer at aevum.de
Tue Nov 30 14:33:00 UTC 2010

On 30/11/2010 13:16, James E Keenan wrote:
> So, again speaking for myself, I'm going to assign a higher priority to
> responding to patches submitted via (a), (b) or (c) above than to 'git
> pull' requests. In particular, if I'm interacting with people on
> #parrot, I can apply patches submitted via 'nopaste' much more quickly
> than 'git pull' requests.

There's a secret way to get raw patches from Github by appending '.diff'
to the end of the URL. This also works for pull requests:

https://github.com/parrot/parrot/pull/14
https://github.com/parrot/parrot/pull/14.diff

This can be incredibly useful and I wonder why Github doesn't make this
feature public.

Nick