string_gc_encapsulate branch is ready for merge

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 23:00:41 UTC 2010

I submitted about 8 smoke tests this afternoon (Ubuntu 10.04 x86 with
gcc, g++, icc, and clang, all with and without --optimize). All smoke
tests passed. I'm starting a similar battery tonight on x86_64, and
maybe see what I can do on OpenSolaris. I would love to see some smoke
reports on this branch for Windows as well (and some rakudo spectests
too, as Jim pointed out).

If we have to wait a few days to merge this, that won't be a huge
problem. We can merge it into gc_massacre instead and continue the
work of that branch.

--Andrew Whitworth