mk_language_shell.pl vs create_language.pl

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:22:50 UTC 2010

Howdy,

Do we want to port both mk_language_shell.pl and create_language.pl to git,
or only one? Are both considered supported?

Neither currently have any tests. They are basically the same, except
create_language creates a Perl/make-based build,
vs a distutils-based build in mk_language_shell .

I find that having both confuses a lot of people new to Parrot.

My idea: create one unified tool that accepts command line arguments for
choosing the kind of build system.

Thought/comments?

Duke

--