Segfaults building Rakudo

NotFound julian.notfound at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:14:32 UTC 2011

Hello

> When making Parrot releases I execute a simple script from time to time
> that download a complete new Parrot and Rakudo repository and build
> both. I do not know if there is a more efficient way. I heard from
> plumage but never tried it for this.

Using plumage is easy. When testing for a release you should delete
the .parrot/plumage directory to get rid of old builds that may
interfere. The flaw with this drastic way is that plumage needs to
clone again the full rakudo repo, but if you are going to use a new
repository anyway, not a problem.

BTW, using plumage for that tests also ensures that plumage will work
well with the new release, which is a good thing.

--
Salu2