tt1931-nci-parameters-deprecation branch ready for testing

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Thu Apr 28 01:27:13 UTC 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Jonathan Duke Leto wrote:

> Howdy,
>
>> On Darwin/PPC, when I compile with cc=gcc ld=g++ link=g++, the build
>> completes and all tests PASS:
>>
>> http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/15600
>>
>> However, when I change the above to cc=g++, the build fails here:
>
> I am not sure this makes much sense. Unless I am crazy, you should
> be using the
> same value (gcc or g++) for all three flags.

Well, then I've been crazy for 4-1/2 years!  And that makes coke
crazy too!

When I started in Parrot, I was having trouble getting 'make' to
complete.  Coke showed me how he built Parrot on Darwin (at least at
that time):

CC="/usr/bin/gcc"
CX="/usr/bin/g++"
/usr/local/bin/perl Configure.pl --cc="$CC" --link="$CX" --ld="$CX"

... and I've followed that religiously ever since, for better or
worse.  In other words, I've never attempted an "all-gcc" build.

So what was different about this latest report was that I attempted g+
+ in all 3 slots, not just the last two.