whiteknight/frontend_parrot2 branch ready for testing

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Wed Aug 31 16:35:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Moritz Lenz <moritz at faui2k3.org> wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 02:19 AM, Andrew Whitworth wrote:
>> plobsing has been doing a lot of kick-ass work on the
>> whiteknight/frontend_parrot2 branch in the past few days, and it's
>> ready for general testing.
>
> It doesn't build/install for me, see
> http://irclog.perlgeek.de/parrot/2011-08-31#i_4352579 and the following
> discussion.
>
> I'll try to test rakudo on it when it builds and installs.
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz

FYI, I was just able to build/install on win7/strawberry/visual C++
express, on 0d7014c.

There's a bug in the makefile that is forcing a rebuild when doing
"nmake test" after "nmake install", but I think this is also present
in master (and probably similar to a bug I squashed in rakudo a few
weeks ago that did the same thing.)

There were 2 test failures that went away when running the test files
individually; I suspect VC++ doesn't like having multiple copies of
the compiler running simultaneously. I include the failures for
completeness, but they're probably ignorable.

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/src/extend_vtable.t                     (Wstat: 256 Tests: 139 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  11
  Non-zero exit status: 1
t/src/embed/strings.t                     (Wstat: 256 Tests: 1 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  1
  Non-zero exit status: 1
Files=394, Tests=13844, 193 wallclock secs ( 5.19 usr +  1.00 sys =  6.19 CPU)
Result: FAIL
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda