RFD: Adding an op that checks for Inf, -Inf, NaN

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Tue Dec 6 17:22:41 UTC 2011

Howdy,

I am +1 to adding this op, with tests. I can help with the tests if needed.

I would very much like to see some benchmark data of Rakudo with and without
this opcode to see what kind of performance change this entails.

Duke

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Determining whether a float is a special value or not seems like an
> important core operation so I think it should definitely go in
> src/ops/math.ops for now. Making it a dynop isn't worthwhile (and yes,
> we don't really have a clear policy for what goes where, yet. We can
> argue about that later).
>
> The ops2c test that counts the exact number of ops has been removed in
> my pcc_ops branch, which I hope to merge sometime this week. If you
> want to similarly disable it in master that would be fine by me.
> Testing for the exact number of ops, considering how in flux our opset
> is, is a pointless exercise.
>
> --Andrew Whitworth

>>> Sure thing :-)
>>
>> JFYI, there is few ops2c tests which are depends on exact number of
>> ops. They are failing with your patch. Not a big deal.
>>
>> --
>> Bacek

Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC
209.691.DUKE // http://labs.leto.net
NOTE: Personal email is only checked twice a day at 10am/2pm PST,
please call/text for time-sensitive matters.