New NQP repository, new “nom” Rakudo branch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 9 05:14:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:36:34AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> As mentioned in the last week’s NQP Roadmap, we’ve now broken out
> the new 6model-based NQP into its own repository on GitHub:
> http://github.com/perl6/nqp .

I neglected to mention in the above post that the new NQP
is still very incomplete -- i.e., "make test" will definitely
produce errors, and most of the example scripts do not run yet.

The announcement was simply intended to let everyone know the
location of the new repository and keep people informed of
progress.  We'll post another announcement when things are
largely "working" in the new repo (hopefully sometime in
the next week).

That said, bug reports and documentation fixes/improvements are
as always welcomed, and as usual, commit bits are readily given.
Thanks!

Pm