add_role and remove_role on a Class PMC

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Mon Feb 21 18:28:35 UTC 2011

Howdy,

> The big question in my mind is whether we want to try to fix and test
> this system as-is, or wait for our new MOP implementation (which, I
> assume, will support roles out of the box).

I would say that I am a big -1 to waiting, since it is quite a ways out, i.e.
our MOP will be implemented in M1, which will be written in M0, which
doesn't exist yet. Just sayin'.

Rakudo Perl 6 got along quite well with Parrot's paper-clips-and-glue object
system. I think a short term goal should be to improve it enough to try and
unblock Cardinal.

Improving our current object system has value in helping HLLs *right
now* as well
as building up examples and tests to vet our new MOP, whenever it lands.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto
jonathan at leto.net