Jitterbug For Parrot

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Wed Feb 23 21:34:47 UTC 2011

Howdy,

> In the Perl 5 git repo, using branches with names like smoke-me/* is an
> indication that the branch should be tested.  Perhaps parrot could adopt a
> similar sort of naming convention as a way to indicate which branches are
> ready for teseting.

This is a great idea and I just implemented it! Here is the top of the email
I just got from jitterbug when pushing to the smoke-me/test branch:

Jitterbug Web Interace : http://new.leto.net:3000
parrot : http://new.leto.net:8090/project/parrot
Failing Commit Diff:
https://github.com/parrot/parrot/commit/64c1379f001e0388578d2879f65c7d3c5ca8881a

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/pmc/integer.t                           (Wstat: 0 Tests: 143 Failed: 2)
 Failed tests:  1, 143
 Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 142 tests but ran 143.
Files=385, Tests=13857, 119 wallclock secs ( 4.13 usr  3.36 sys +
254.76 cusr 54.59 csys = 316.84 CPU)
Result: FAIL
make: *** [test_core] Error 1

It gives a summary at the top of the email, then contains the full TAP
output. I could change
this to just be a link to the entire output. Preferences?

The current Jitterbug setup is to only test the master branch and
branches that match smoke-me/*,
and emails are only sent on test failure. Currently, an email is sent
to the committer and CC'ed
to me, so I know what is up.

If anyone else has other suggestions to make this service more useful,
I am all ears.

Again, thanks for the great idea, Andy!

Duke

--