Deprecate Threads

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 13:13:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Vasily Chekalkin <bacek at bacek.com> wrote:
> Can we at least start with designing new APIs before ripping out old
> system? Then we can compre effort of migrating vs ripping.

That's fine too, we can really do things in any order. I was hoping to
put in a deprecation notice for the threading system before 3.0, which
is something we really should do regardless of whether we want to rip
out the old system or replace the API. I would be very happy to start
designing a new threading system API now, if other people want to help
with it.