Embedding API

Shockwave vinfobag at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:19:49 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.

This is great news.

-----Original Message-----

> Hello Vladimir,

>> What is the current status of the new Parrot embedding API?
>> Can someone provide a realistic estimate when it will be production
ready?
>> By production ready, I mean that it has been tested, code reviewed,
>> and merged into Trunk. Also, that it has been properly documented.

> The new embedding API has been code reviewed and merged into trunk. It was
in the 2.11 release, I believe. Test coverage for the new API is around ~90%
for critical functions. Documentation is progressing, albeit slowly.

> The new API is already being used by at least one external project,
ParrotSharp (my embedding of Parrot into C#). Other projects have expressed
interest in migrating to it as well. I suspect several projects will migrate
to the new API after the 3.0 release.