Testing nqp-rx against Parrot

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Fri Jan 7 16:16:45 UTC 2011

2011/1/7 Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>

> On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 09:58:34AM +0100, François Perrad wrote:
> > with parrot & plumage installed,
> >    $ plumage test nqp-rx
> > does the job.
>
> How do I install plumage?

$ sudo plumage install plumage

and the first time :
$ git git://github.com/parrot/plumage.git
$ cd plumage
$ parrot setup.pir
$ sudo parrot setup.pir install

> Doesn't using plumage simply add extra overhead to testing nqp-rx,
> since after building and installing parrot one has to rebuild and
> install plumage before being able to test nqp-rx?

plumage is not useful when a HLL author wants to test its HLL.
plumage is useful when a parrot developer wants to test many HLL and/or
modules
against the head of parrot. I hope that will become an usual practice.

François.