html_cleanup branch ready to merge

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Jan 9 16:28:26 UTC 2011

James E Keenan wrote:

> What would be the rationale for postponing deletion of files (e.g.,
> lib/Parrot/Docs/POD2HTML.pm) until after the merge? Which files are no
> longer needed by 'make html'? Are they used anywhere else in Parrot? If
> not, they're dead code; let's rip them out now.

Hmm, I see that ripping these out is going to be painful.  POD2HTML.pm
is mentioned in all these files:

find . -type f | xargs grep -lE 'Parrot(::|/)Docs(::|/)POD2HTML'
./.git/index
./lib/Parrot/Docs/File.pm
./lib/Parrot/Docs/HTMLPage.pm
./lib/Parrot/Docs/Item.pm
./lib/Parrot/Docs/POD2HTML.pm
./lib/Parrot/Docs/Section/Perl.pm
./lib/Parrot/Docs/Text2HTML.pm
./MANIFEST
./ports/cygwin/README
./t/perl/Parrot_Docs.t

Am I correct in thinking that post-merge t/perl/Parrot_Docs.t will be
irrelevant?

kid51