PCT Tutorial out-of-date?

Andrew Buntine info at andrewbuntine.com
Thu Jan 13 02:47:05 UTC 2011

Hey guys/gals,

First of all, the Parrot project seems like a great effort. Well done. :)

I am reading through the documentation at docs.parrot.org.

At the moment I am going through the PCT tutorial
(http://docs.parrot.org/parrot/latest/html/examples/languages/squaak/doc/tutorial_episode_1.pod.html).
I am trying to complete the exercise at the bottom of the article,
however the hint, which points the reader to the API docs is actually
not working correctly
(http://docs.parrot.org/parrot/latest/html/compilers/pct/src/PCT/HLLCompiler.pir.html).
You are taken to an empty page. Anybody know where the document has
been moved to?

I tried to just google for the correct document, but cannot find it
anywhere. I worked out that the answer probably has something to do
with the commandline_banner and commandline_prompt functions, but
neither of them seem to be working. No errors, just nothing. I cannot
find any documentation for them, either.

So I wonder, is this tutorial out of date? It seems to have been
adapted from other sources (not sure), because here is an earlier
version which seems to be totally incorrect in regards to the current
version of Parrot:
http://www.thefullwiki.org/Parrot_Virtual_Machine/Squaak_Tutorial/Introduction#Exercises

Thanks for any help! Apart from this, the tutorial seems to be up to
date. I can generate my project shell and run the REPL correctly.

cheers,
Andrew.