Core dump Parrot VM: PANIC: Out of mem!

Steve Schulze thundergnat at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 04:09:44 UTC 2011

Using a fresh install of Rakudo Perl6 and the latest Parrot I'm getting
a core dump when I attempt to warn inside a try CATCH block.

I have not modified Parrot or Rakudo at all on this machine. Just built
them from git clones.

 > perl6 -e "try { die 'omg!'; CATCH { warn 'wtf!'; } };"
Failed allocation of 66776 bytes
Parrot VM: PANIC: Out of mem!
C file src/gc/alloc_memory.c, line 122
Parrot file (not available), line (not available)

We highly suggest you notify the Parrot team if you have not been working on
Parrot.  Use parrotbug (located in parrot's root directory) or send an
e-mail to parrot-dev at lists.parrot.org.
Include the entire text of this error message and the text of the script
that
generated the error.  If you've made any modifications to Parrot, please
describe them as well.

Version     : 3.0.0-devel
Configured  : Wed Jan 19 23:27:46 2011 GMT
Architecture: i386-linux
Interp Flags: (no interpreter)
Exceptions  : (missing from core)

Dumping Core...
Quit

ubuntu 10.10

 > perl6 -v
This is Rakudo Perl 6, version 2010.12-48-ga23255a built on parrot 3.0.0
RELEASE_3_0_0

 > gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5