Core dump Parrot VM: PANIC: Out of mem!

Moritz Lenz moritz at faui2k3.org
Thu Jan 20 21:54:02 UTC 2011

On 01/20/2011 05:09 AM, Steve Schulze wrote:
>  > perl6 -e "try { die 'omg!'; CATCH { warn 'wtf!'; } };"

This is really a (well known) bug in Rakudo (throwing an exception
inside a CATCH block), which results in infinite memory consumption from
Parrot. We apologize for the inconvenience.

> Failed allocation of 66776 bytes
> Parrot VM: PANIC: Out of mem!

So that seems correct.

> C file src/gc/alloc_memory.c, line 122
> Parrot file (not available), line (not available)
>
> We highly suggest you notify the Parrot team if you have not been working on
> Parrot.

... or the creator of the HLL you're running that caused parrot to
consume way too much memory.

Cheers,
Moritz