IPv6 and YAML

Gerd Pokorra gp at zimt.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 27 10:01:18 UTC 2011

IPv6:
After putting IPv6 into Parrot and the last changes the Fedora build
system passes all tests again.

YAML:
It sounds great if Parrot would have a Parrot-based YAML parser.

Parrot already have a YAML Dumper.

$ find -iname "*yaml*"
./runtime/parrot/library/yaml_dumper.pir
./runtime/parrot/library/YAML
./t/library/yaml_dumper.t

I don't know much about building compilers but I think with YAML in
Parrot and NQP it will be easier to put the Perl 6 Parser from Larry
Wall (https://github.com/perl6/std) one to one on the top of Parrot.
It is also based on YAML.

-- Gerd