Roadmap Goals for Parrot 3.6: Are we on track?

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Jul 3 13:27:26 UTC 2011

On 7/3/11 1:14 AM, Andrew Whitworth wrote:

>>> 3. We recognized the need for Parrot and Rakudo to have relationship
>>> managers who would "... be each project's principal contact point for
>>> resolution of problems with regard to breakage or deterioration of
>>> performance."
>
> We don't have anything written down anywhere (Where would we even
> write it, RESPONSIBLE_PARTIES? CREDITS?),

RESPONSIBLE_PARTIES should suffice.

> but unless anybody else
> desperately wants the position, it's filled by cotto and I. How do you
> propose we formalize?

It's mainly a question of the two of you contacting pmichaud and moritz
and figuring out how you want to proceed (e.g., chat? Skype? frequency
of contact?)

At YAPC we learned that we have a number of contributors who hang out in
both channels and often participate (or, perhaps, lurk) in each
project's weekly online meeting.  Those contributors have volunteered to
give us informal feedback on how the two projects are doing with respect
to each other.

jimk