Food for thought

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jul 4 01:12:27 UTC 2011

On 6/28/11 8:56 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>

> If you were being paid to hack on Parrot, which things would you be expected to
> work on?

Although this may seem counterintuitive, at this point I wouldn't hire
myself to hack on Parrot.  That's because I simply don't have the kind
of compilers/deep-C background which our core contributors have.

I hope that when the Parrot project matures enough to be able to fund
people to work on Parrot part- or full-time, we will be able to fund
people with that background as well as people building implementations
of dynamic programming languages with large user bases, most notably
Python, Ruby and PHP.

Thank you very much.

kid51