Preparation for 3.6 release on July 19: Need Smolders, especially Win32

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 22:43:14 UTC 2011

On 7/8/11 6:45 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

> Umm, err, umm ... we're in bad shape on Win32. It looks like only
> fperrad is submitting smolder reports on that OS, and his latest
> (http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/16990 -- 3 days
> old now) shows test failures in *10* files -- some of them complete
> failures.
>
> So I would like to request that anyone who has a Windows machine get
> Parrot building on there, start submitting smoke reports, and start to
> help us diagnosing these failures.

Good news/bad news.  We're starting to get smoke reports from a variety
of Windows machines -- but different sets of failures are being reported
by different smokers.

So, anyone who can borrow access to a Windows machine (either 32 or 64)
should try to do so.  If you can work on the failures in one particular
file, may I suggest that you create a branch in git, hack, then present
one smolder test of the branch on a Windows box and one on a Linux or
FreeBSD box.  That way, we'll be confident that any fix we're
implementing for the Windows build is not harming the *nix build.

Thank you very much.

kid51