Pre-3.6 code freeze

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 02:38:10 UTC 2011

We are now in a code freeze prior to this coming Tuesday's release of
Parrot 3.6.

Please conduct any and all work on source code in branches rather than
in master.  If you feel that your work ought to be merged in to master
before the release, please test your branch thoroughly on multiple OSes
and submit a git pull request.

But, with the exception of patches which reduce the number of failing
tests on Win32, our preference will be to defer any merges into master
until after the release on Tuesday.

What do we need between now and the release?

* Patches that reduce the number of failing tests on Windows.

* Smoke tests on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Darwin, Win32.

* Build HLLs and run their tests on top of Parrot master.  Feedback on
Rakudo Perl 6 on top of Parrot is particularly welcome.

Thank you very much.

kid51