hold off committing for a bit?

Brian Gernhardt brian.gernhardt at mail.rit.edu
Mon Jul 18 17:22:35 UTC 2011

On Jul 18, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Will Coleda wrote:

> We might have to rewind history to undo kid51's last commit.
> Discussion going on in #parrot right now...

I rewound it and applied a cherry pick of the actual commit.  Unless you happened to pull in the last few minutes, you shouldn't notice any changes.

If you did pull while kid51's merge was master, then you may have to do a couple things.

If you did not have any of your own commits on master just `git reset --hard origin/master`

If you did have commits on master, and git tried to merge the new history on top of it:

$ git branch old_master
$ git reset --hard origin/master
$ git log old_master # Find the SHA1 of the last commit you added
$ git merge <your commit>
$ git branch -D old_master

If I got something wrong in the above sequence, or you need more details I'm willing to provide assistance on #parrot or via e-mail.

~~ Brian G