Pre-3.6 code freeze

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Tue Jul 19 00:24:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:40 PM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
> On 7/18/11 5:30 PM, Will Coleda wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to notfound, whiteknight, and benabik, I now have a 100%-pass
>> on windows 7.
>>
>> http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/18152
>>

> Thanks, Coke++.  That's the first completely passing smoke report we've had
> on Windows in a long time.
>
> It seems we have a much greater variance in the files which are failing in
> different smoke reports on Windows than we get in any other OS.  Do you have
> any ideas as to what enabled us to get a PASS on this box as distinct from
> other Windows boxes?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> kid51

Should be green for anyone with a fresh checkout at this point
(various tests were removed, fixed, etc.). The only outstanding issue
is that the .gitattribute fix for perlhist.txt requires a user with an
existing checkout to:

% rm t/library/perlhist.txt
% git checkout t/library/perlhist.txt

This should regen the file with the correct gitattributes.

NotFound++ for reporting this last step; if we want to avoid this, we
can rename the file, so that all users end up with a new copy with the
new attributes.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda