Parrot Developer Summit this weekend: schedule; prepare roadmap goals

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Thu Jul 28 23:16:05 UTC 2011

On 7/27/11 6:17 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

>> 2. Please help us determine what should be our Roadmap Goals for our
>> next quarterly supported release, 3.9, Tuesday, October 18. As with
>> previous PDSes, we encourage you to post on blogs or post on parrot-dev
>> your thoughts about what our Roadmap Goals should be. To recap: Roadmap
>> Goals should be:
>>
>> * important for the success of the Parrot project;
>>
>> * important enough that we publicly commit our selves to achieving those
>> goals; and
>>
>> * important enough that we organize teams of two or more contributors to
>> do the work needed to achieving those goals.
>>

> Still need proposals for roadmap goals.

whiteknight wrote on #parrot at
http://irclog.perlgeek.de/parrot/2011-07-27#i_4174775

"okay, I'm very keen to start on the migration of 6model into Parrot
core soon. Like, next week maybe."

Andrew,

This certainly would qualify as a roadmap goal.  Could you write this up
as such and start recruiting fellow team-members?

Thank you very much.

Jim Keenan