Parrot Developer Summit: July 30 2011 2100 UTC: Proposed Agenda

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sat Jul 30 19:55:52 UTC 2011

Proposed Agenda

I. Review since last PDS (May 09)
A. Roadmap Goals

1. Benchmarking: We set a policy that the Parrot project would "...
collaborate with HLLs to develop ways of benchmarking the performance of
the HLLs as targeted to monthly Parrot releases and the expressed needs
of those HLLs."

2. Profiling:  By 3.6 we were to have "studied our existing profiling
tools, determined their strengths and limitations and developed a plan
for significant improvements in later supported releases."

3. We recognized the need for Parrot and Rakudo to have relationship
managers who would "... be each project's principal contact point for
resolution of problems with regard to breakage or deterioration of
performance."

[Marked as substantially achieved on 2011-07-03:
http://lists.parrot.org/pipermail/parrot-dev/2011-July/005977.html]

B. Other developments since last summit

* M0
* GSOC
* Others brought up by participants

II. Going Forward
A. Selection of roadmap goals for 3.9 (and possibly 4.0)

There have been posts to parrot-dev re roadmap goals touching on the
following subjects:
* M0
* 6model
* Sharpen support for windows
* User-facing application

Should any of the previous roadmap goals not yet met be continued going
forward?

B. Identification of non-roadmap goals and other things people will be
working on.

This is the place for discussion of things that either (a) are on our
wishlist for the future; or (b) individual Parrot developers hope to
work on in the coming 3 months whether or not designated as roadmap goals.