NQP question to add a null value node

Gerd Pokorra gp at zimt.uni-siegen.de
Sat Mar 5 02:22:08 UTC 2011

I added a subroutine to get the null PMC in a variable.

sub got_null() {
    my $result := Q:PIR{
       null $P0
       %r = $P0
    };
    return $result;
}

.
.
.

    method value:sym<null>($/) {
        my $val := got_null();
        _dumper($val, 'JSON');
        make PAST::Val.new( :value($val), :node($/) );
    }

The dumper output shows that the value is correct and is that what I
want.

[gz016 at vgerd1 example]$ parrot json.pir
> null
"JSON" => null
PAST::Val node missing :value attribute

But a value node in the AST with a null PMC is not accepted.
So the solution must be an opcode node I think. But I did not up to now
get it working this way.

The complete NQP test program is at:
ftp://ftp.uni-siegen.de/pub/json.nqp

I tried it with an installed Parrot 3.0.0.

-- Gerd