On cage cleaning

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue Mar 22 14:47:52 UTC 2011

From Brian Aker's retrospective of the development of Drizzle: http://krow.livejournal.com/700783.html

"We have fixed all the warnings in Drizzle. This is something that isn't sexy work, and the only way it is justified is because cleaning up warnings fixes bugs. If you are starting a new code base let me implore upon on you the necessity of doing this from the beginning."

All that stuff I've put in Parrot with splint annotation and GCC warning sniffing and consting pointers?  And sometimes it's a pain in the ass?  That's why I've been doing it.  Thanks to Jim Keenan and the other cage cleaners who work on this scutwork as well.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.techworklove.com => AIM:petdance