GSoC mentors

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:27:06 UTC 2011

Blah, gmail crapped and lost half my email. Here's the full text:

Anybody who is interested in being a mentor for GSoC, let me know and
I will add you. We have several right now: Myself, Coke, cotto,
moritz, mikehh, darbelo and allison. We would like a few more as well,
we don't know how many proposals we are going to get (or how many we
will be able to accept), so having several extra mentors is a good
thing. Having extra capacity can never hurt.

Mentors should be people who are contributors to Parrot, are familiar
with the system, and are able to help a new contributor navigate the
project from both a technical and a cultural standpoint.

We would like each student to have both a primary mentor and a backup
mentor in case of emergency. If I accidentally divide by zero and am
sucked out into space, We need somebody to fill my position, etc.

The primary mentor is going to be responsible for most communication
with the student: Reviewing code, making suggestions, answering
questions, and probably having a meeting at least once per week. The
backup mentor can do nothing or can participate in some of this as
they want (unless they get bumped up to primary mentor, then you're
"on").

If you're able to be a mentor please apply on the google-melange
website (You need a google account, apparently):

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/parrot

If you have problems with that website let me know and I can try to
manually add you to the list.