Parrot Developer Summit, May 14 2011: Summary

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 15 22:51:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:10:49AM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:
> C. Relationship Management
> Policy:  The Parrot project will designate two people to serve as
> managers of our relationship with Rakudo, our principal HLL client.
> Rakudo will do likewise.  The relationship managers should be each
> project's principal contact point for resolution of problems with
> regard to breakage or deterioration of performance.

A *draft* explanation of this new policy is now available for
review and comment at http://pmichaud.com/sandbox/relman-draft.txt .
It is simultaneously being reviewed and commented upon by developers
from both Rakudo and Parrot.

I will post changes into the draft document as they are received/accepted.

After we've gone through any needed cycles of iteration and edit,
I'll post the resulting final text to both parrot-dev and perl6-compiler,
at which point it will be considered to have been "ratified" by both
projects and in full effect.

Comments and feedback welcomed,

Pm