callgrind on core.pm

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:57:57 UTC 2011

I ran callgrind on core.pm using an unoptimized Parrot. It took about
4 hours to run on my machine. To spare other people the headache, I've
uploaded the file to github: https://github.com/Whiteknight/data

I recommend you *do not* try to view that file in your browser!

Obviously this is not the same thing as an optimized bird, and some of
the things that should disappear (context accessors) are clearly
visible and clearly have significant cost. I may try to run callgrind
again with an optimized bird later. If somebody else wants to do it
and upload it to github themselves, that would be cool too.

I have already found a few places I want to look at for potential
optimizations and improvements. I hope making this data widely
available will help other people stumble on some gold too.