Extend vtable questions about Parrot_PMC_invoke

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:27:16 UTC 2011

I strongly suspect that Parrot_PMC_invoke does not need to exist. It
is conceivable that an extender could write a custom Sub variant and
would want to implement VTABLE_invoke, but I can't think of any real
reason for an extender to actually call it directly. All invocations
are expected to go through Parrot_pcc_invoke_* functions, where
VTABLE_invoke is called internally.

I don't think that VTABLE_invoke is dangerous (unlike
Parrot_PMC_destroy, which is very dangerous), but I also don't think
it's useful on it's own.

--Andrew Whitworth